Monday, April 28, 2008

Star Trek! Oh No!

CHUD, one of my favorite film sites, has been having a series of film analyses entitled "YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG." Each day, a different film is classified as either, "Overblown," "Overrated," "Misunderstood," and "What the Fuck." They take on "classic" films, from Ferris Bueller's Day Off to Terminator 2, and categorize them and explain why they happen to be such. After the argument for lameness is made, another contributing editor on the site will add an "agree" or "disagree" section. It's brilliant, and for film nerds, even when you disagree, it's a lot of fun and usually smart. 

I was going to recommend them, regardless, but today's over-rated was STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT. I talked about my affection for that film and its writer here, so I feel, in order to be fair and balanced, I must give you their argument. Stay tuned after the analysis for site-founder Nick Nunziata's disagree, which I'm on board with.

Woot.

-RoboNixon

No comments: