Thursday, April 24, 2008

LOST returns!

It was reported over at io9 (and first at Entertainment Weekly), but evidently Season 5 of LOST will be a major departure, not just from this season, but from the entire show so far.
...the two-hour season finale, airing May 29, will serve as a "pilot" for the show's fifth season... which will be much more slow-paced than season four has been. Producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof are already warning that fans may find season five draggy and unnecessary filler on the way to the good stuff in season six.
At io9 they (rightfully so) question why the showrunners would make a statement like this. I mean, is season five going to be set in a hospital, and the Oceanic Six are all interns, with Jack as their dreamy supervisor? As long as there's no naval gazing, I'm in. Lindelof does add:
...season 5, it is the connective tissue that will bring us home.
I'm in it until the end. LOST, I wish I could quit you*.

-RoboNixon

*No I don't. I love it (only slightly less than BSG).

No comments: