Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Incredible Hulk

I saw The Incredible Hulk on Friday with RoboGirlfriend, and we both enjoyed it. While lacking in the charm and good-humor that made Iron Man rocktacular, Hulk is fast-moving, efficient, and action-filled. Enough so that I can ignore the problems with it and enjoy it on the same level as Transformers... with the knowledge that it is much, much better than 'Formers.

I liked Edward Norton. I liked the opening Hulk action scene, where the Hulk stays in the shadows for nearly all of the battle. I liked the Captain America'd Blonsky fighting Hulk one-on-one, and the Abomination battle is brutal and fun, even if it wasn't nearly as epic as a Hulk fight should truly be.

It was an enjoyable film where you watch a gigantic green guy beat shit up for two hours.

As a counterpoint, though, I did see Iron Man again, and that movie holds up very, very well, especially after Hulk. Tony Stark's cameo is great, if super, super tiny, and continues the thread of setting up things for the Avengers movie. Which I am totally stoked about. And will nerd-out about in an upcoming post.

So my Hulk recommendation? See it in theaters, but see it as a matinee. Fun, enjoyable, but nothing great. 

Here's lookin' at you, Banner.

-RoboNixon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or, better yet, see it in Thailand where it will cost you about three bucks.