Friday, June 13, 2008

Charting the Charts

Oh God. A bunch of shit I don't care about occurs on the Billboard charts this past week.

Weezer's new AMAZING album (...cough cough...) debuted at #4, down from #2 for their previous album, Make Believe. 

Disturbed, a band I intentionally avoid listening to, debuted at #1, proving that rock is alive, you know, just not in the way that it's actually "rock 'n roll." Journey inexplicably charts in at #5, Jewel debuts at #8, and the S & the C soundtrack continues to be hot shit, at #7 in its second week.

On the less-than-top-ten part of the chart, Leona Lewis, Madonna,  and other shit I don't care enough to mention have gone gold. 

Singles-wise, Modern-Rock-wise, Weezer continues to reign atop that chart with Pork & Beans, proving... that... I don't know, people like Weezer regardless of quality? I got nothing. The Offspring continues to surprise me with their continued existence at #2 with Hammerhead, a song I have yet to hear anywhere. I'm disappointed that the Foo Fighters have become the lazy-masters of Rock, because they used to be great, and now are, well, less than great. They're at #3. Linkin Park, Seether, Flobots, Nine Inch Nails, and Death Cab for Cutie are up there, and Salute Your Solution is hanging firm at #9, with Mr. Gwyneth Paltrow's band serving up flavor at #10 with Violet Hill.


Also, there are no vowels in the first four letters of Mrs. Paltrow's first name. I guess "y" is a sometimes vowel, but it's weird typing a name with seven letters and only one is a vowel. 

Next week, things continue to happen!

-RoboNixon

No comments: