Friday, October 3, 2008

Yeah, FUCK YOU WRITERS!*

The Writers Guild of America West is taking on Tyler Perry.
The guild on Thursday filed an unfair labor practice charge with the National Labor Relations Board against House of Payne LLC, the production shingle for the Perry-owned syndie/TBS comedy "House of Payne" and the upcoming TBS spinoff "Meet the Browns."

Of course.  Fuck you, writers. What the hell do you know? Trying to get all "fair contracts" so you can be "unionized" so you can steal from the system with your "benefits." I mean, I'm a robot, I don't need healthcare or retirement, so why should writers? Hell, as a robot, I do WAAAAY more work than a "writer" does -- I don't fart around all day, I fuckin' bend girders and shit and fuckin' put this world together. So a writer wipes their ass with a piece of paper and then hands it off to REAL professionals like actors and directors and let's not forget the most IMPORTANT part of the equation -- the PRODUCERS -- who are responsible for everything good ever and nothing that's ever been bad. That's a FACT. It's in WIKIPEDIA.

...

For the record, I'm super interested to see how this plays out. Writers get screwed all over Hollywood, and TV is supposed to be one of the few "safe" places for them to work -- where, yeah, they have to turn out a bajillion pages a year, and, yeah, they have to kowtow to the desires of the network, but beyond that their vision is in their hands to put on the screen. 

If it turns out that these four writers were, in fact, fired because they were trying to get a new Guild contract (one of the writers was not in union) and not due to shitty work, which is what Tyler Perry and co. is saying, then I will have to wish terrible terrible things upon him and his shows and movies for ever.

I have no issue with Tyler Perry. I think he's a really smart dude who found a niche and wisely exploited it to his benefit (like in evolution!), and I can't comment on the quality of his work because I haven't seen any of it. But if he starts fucking with the rights of writers to organize, I'm gonna have to do a whole 'lotta RoboHatin'.


-RoboNixon

*sorry writers, RoboNixon luvs u.

No comments: